Natural Wool Comforters
These lightweight comforters are stitched with love. You get warmth, temperature regulation and breathability in this signature handmade product.
Warm & Dreamy
These comforters are nearly magical in their comfort, warmth and coziness. They are affordable and comparable in terms of warmth and weight to a high-quality down comforter.
Choose a comforter that suits your body temperature and the region you live in: Cool Comfort, Perfect Comfort or Extra Warmth, as described below in “Choose A Temperature Weight”.
Most people choose the Perfect Comfort unless they live in a very hot or cold climate, or if their body tends to run very hot or very cold.
All of the wool comforters are soft, known to be lightweight and very cozy. We hand make each one using organic cotton Sateen fabric. The inside is filled with Premium Eco-Wool™ sourced from our Sustainable Wool Program using west coast U.S.A. wool. Hand stitching the entire perimeter and tufting the middle keeps the wool in place and enables washing.
This Product Uses The Following Raw Materials:
Made with Premium Eco-Wool™ this famous blend is sourced directly from about 20 family farms in Oregon & California, USA. It is the nicest wool we have ever seen- incredibly clean, dust free and virtually vegetable matter free.
Growers participate in our Sustainable Wool Program, managing their flocks in a humane, chemical-free, and environmentally thoughtful manner. The vast majority of our products are built with this wool.
This is the Holy Lamb signature wool blend- it is the cleanest highest-quality wool available. Grown and produced with care, this wool batting is chemical-free from sheep to finish.
- Made of Premium Eco-Wool™ Batting
- Sourced from USA, West Coast
- Produced in accordance with our Sustainable Wool Program
Organic Cotton Sateen Fabric
The organic cotton sateen has almost a liquid softness it. It’s lightweight (4.5 oz/sq yd), with an approx. 300 thread count.
In commitment to local sourcing, they are proud to announce they will begin to offer a USA grown and milled organic cotton sateen in 2015.
- Made of 100% certified organic cotton
- Grown and woven in India
- 4.5 oz. of organic cotton in each yard
- Milled in the USA
- Premium Eco-Wool™ batting
- Organic cotton fabric cover
- Dimensions & Wool Weight:
- Cool Comfort
- Crib (Cool Comfort Only) 35” x 53”, .9 oz.
- Twin 68” x 86”, 2.6 lbs.
- Full/Queen 86” x 86”, 3.3 lbs.
- King/CAL King 100” x 86”, 3.75 lbs.
- Perfect Comfort
- Twin 68” x 86”, 3.6 lbs.
- Full/Queen 86” x 86”, 4.5 lbs.
- King/CAL King 100” x 86”, 5.2 lbs.
- Extra Warmth
- Twin 68” x 86”, 5.6 lbs.
- Full/Queen 86” x 86”, 7.0 lbs.
- King/CAL King 100” x 86”, 8.1 lbs.
How to Choose
To choose the proper temperature weight in a comforter, consider the following:
- What is your typical body temperature?
- Do you find yourself to be generally cold or mostly hot?
- Do you tend to get cold at night or overheat?
- If you sleep with another person you will generate more heat than you would by yourself.
- Assess the bedding you already have at home. Do you want to rely on your comforter by itself to keep you warm or will you be using it in combination with other blankets?
We offer 3 temperature weights in comforters:
Cool Comfort - Best suited for: a person who tends to run warm or hot in body temperature, a hot climate such as Florida or Southern California, or to be used in climates with mild winters where you can use this comforter in combination with other favorite blankets.
Perfect Comfort - Most people choose this comforter weight. This weight is fine for partner sleeping, can be used year round in most climates and is a great all-purpose comforter weight. You may want to add an extra blanket in the heart of winter if needed.
Extra Warmth - This temperature weight is best suited for those who tend to run cold or get chilled easily. Great for people who sleep by themselves and tend to like a lot of covers.
- If you have additional people in the bed it creates a warmer environment.
- The location where you live, the direction your bedroom faces and the temperature you keep your room at night are all factors to consider.
- You know yourself best, if you are leaning towards one more than the other, then go for the one you’re most drawn to.
- If you are undecided, we recommend choosing the lighter weight. You can always add additional blankets, whereas a comforter that is too hot is more challenging to correct.